Countdown's Rachel Riley has said she's 'devastated' following the death of comedian Sean Lock, 5 must-watch shows and films coming to Amazon Prime this autumn. "I'd like to play a real baddie," he continues, "and I have a yearning to be one of those detectives on procedural shows where you are walking up to the crime scene and you show your badge and take a look at stuff, then get back in the car with your cop buddy and ask, 'What do you make of it?'. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Carr had worked with Lock on long-running Channel 4 panel show since 2005, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Technology means that readers can shape a discussion. {{#media.media_details}} {{#media.focal_point}}. Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children. A painfully funny comic and a beautifully brilliant man. If, much like Rachel Riley, youre looking to relive the late comedians funniest moments, here is how to watch full episodes of 8 Out of 10 Cats. More info. A statement released on Wednesday morning, read: "It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Sean Lock. Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr in 8 Out of 10 Cats'. RIP the great Sean Lock. A rare comedian who could make you laugh like a drain if youd never seen comedy before or had watched it every day of your life. Sean Lock (22 April 1963 - 16 August 2021) was a contestant and a Team Captain in most episodes of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. "Our thoughts are with his family and friends. The star was best known for his deadpan humour as he appeared on panel shows 8 Out Of 10 Cats and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown. What a brilliant, original, hilarious, perceptive and biting comedian. Ill miss him so much.. Ill miss him so much.. Like this story? Enter Sean Lock, the frequent mastermind behind such reactions, who has tragically died aged 58 due to cancer. Much-loved comedian Sean Lock died from lung cancer, his pal Bill Bailey has confirmed. So heartbroken for his wife and children. I will miss him so much. The sad news of comedian Sean Lock's passing was announced earlier today and social media has been filled with heartbreaking tributes. But its in the dictionary.. The Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler. We kindly request that the privacy of his family and children is respected at this difficult time.. Some are armed with vicious weapons to fight titanic battles for space. MILES Jupp sighs at the notion that he's going to be incessantly questioned on his boarding school experiences and why he's likely to send his five children to a comprehensive, when we meet to discuss his debut novel, History. Lock was also team captain alongside Jon Richardson on spin-off 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. Readers comments: You are personally liable for the content of any comments you upload to this website, so please act responsibly. w[ l ] = w[ l ] || []; Sean Lock; A brilliant comedian, obviously, but just a genuinely hilarious guy too and one of the soundest guys in comedy, from when I first started to when we last had a laugh together. Lock was a regular panelist on Channel 4 TV show. British comic Sean Lock, hailed by fellow funnyman Ricky Gervais as "one of the most influential comedians of a generation," has died after a lengthy battle with cancer. He has gone on to star in the family saga The Durrells, and comedies The Thick Of It, Outnumbered and Rev, as well as presenting The News Quiz on BBC Radio 4 for four years. "I started at 20 when I still had some of that leftover imaginary confidence. Sean Lock kept news of his cancer diagnosis private from the public field and told only a few friends about his bleak prognosis. In the same year, he also appeared in Stewart Lees Comedy Vehicle. "Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children. You will be missed deeply . The celebrity world went into mourning when the 8 Out of 10 Cats star died aged 58 surrounded by his family on Wednesday. "A few years ago, I was doing a play at the National, and I thought, 'It's just another guy in a V-neck and a pair of chinos' but a friend said, 'Well, what are you expecting to play, a Mexican drug dealer? In the past, the journalists job was to collect and distribute information to the audience. He commenced his career as a stand-up comedian before playing the role of the inventor Archie in the childrens television series Balamory. ozgebesikci40685by. We may then apply our discretion under the user terms to amend or delete comments. In 2019 Dave began sponsoring the awards and they are now known as Dave's Edinburgh Comedy Awards.. US residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. The Joke, a reflection by Jimmy Carr. Petition to make this picture of Sean Lock the replacement for the Leonardo Di Caprio in Django Unchained picture for when you have absolutely got someone. 4:52. Sean Lock, who has died of cancer aged 58, was a bespectacled, besuited and well-groomed standup comedian who projected a constant air of puzzlement as he imparted his deadpan observational. He revealed a love of cricket and that he had worked with the Test Match Special team, who had no idea who he was. But for us it's been really good to spend a lot of time together. Sean Lock, the British comedian known for his regular appearances on panel shows such as 8 Out of 10 Cats, has died from cancer at 58. Sean Lock was one of the best. .podcast-banner.show_mobile { A huge loss to comedy. Riley also previously tweeted: Devastating news today. "One of the funniest men Ive ever worked with and I used to adore occasionally making him laugh on my first proper telly job, 8 Out of 10 Cats. Love to his family and his many friends #RIPSean. contact IPSO here, 2001-2023. An agent for the comedian confirmed to the Guardian that Lock passed away from cancer at his home, "surrounded by his family." Share your favourite Sean Lock moments today on Twitter. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Sean Locks The Tiger who Came for a Pint childrens book will always make me laugh. Readers comments: You are personally liable for the content of any comments you upload to this website, so please act responsibly. 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Se17 - Ep01 - Sean Lock, Johnny Vegas, Alan Carr, Lou Sanders, The Brett Domino Trio, Susie Dent, Rachel Riley HD Watch. You can unsubscribe at any time. Channel 4 has now revealed it. We kindly request that the privacy of his family and children is respected at this difficult time. Just saw the news of Sean Locke passing. He joked: What the f**k are you talking about?. Heres one of my favourite moments from him. A stand up comedian and mainstay of British panel shows, he was also the winner of Carrot in a Box, and the Carrot in a Box Rematch. His agent, Off the Kerb Productions, said Lock died at home surrounded by his family: "Sean was one of Britain's finest comedians, his boundless creativity, lightning wit and the absurdist. He and his family moved from London six years ago to a town in Monmouthshire, the home of Rachel, whom he met at university. if(force != '' && all_links.href.search(force) != -1) { "Ive known this day was coming for some time, but its no less heart-breaking. Undisputed, undefeated, carrot in a box champion. RIP the great Sean Lock. Comments have been closed on this article. The comedian has sadly passed away aged 58. We are lucky at The Herald. if (typeof window.onload != 'function'){ We met in 1988 right at the start of our stand up careers. I'll miss him so much. He was replaced by Rob Beckett in 2016. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please ???? Jon Richardson has paid tribute to late comedy legend Sean Lock, as his first posthumous new episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown aired on Channel 4 last night . Ill miss him so much.". Sean was one of Britains finest comedians, his boundless creativity, lightning wit and the absurdist brilliance of his work, marked him out as a unique voice in British comedy. 3:09. } The wordsmith also sits in Dictionary Corner for 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown alongside co-hosts Jimmy Carr, 47, and Rachel Riley, 34. I hadnt seen him in recent years as he quietly wrestled with illness but I feel very sad today for Anoushka and their children. Sean Lock on Thatcher remains undefeated. On August 18, 2021 it was revealed that Sean had died following a battle with cancer. heraldscotland.com is tackling this problem by allowing only subscribers to comment. "Sometimes you've got to open the windows and sometimes you have to ask everyone to please stop shouting.". // */ Sean was also. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown airs tonight on Channel 4 at 9pm. I will miss him. padding-left: 16px; Its heartbreaking to lose my dearest friend Sean Lock, tweeted Bill Bailey. } Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Another long term staff member, Dr Keith McRae, died in July. Editors' Code of Practice. 2019 Tourist Trap He was 58. @FrothehBevveh. Sometimes I don't think I'm contributing. Sad news about Sean Lock. ", I texted him couple of weeks ago and Im now so glad I did. "I used to hurl myself all over the place and take all the work that was offered because I thought I had to, and now I wonder if I did have to, and I think the most important thing is being with everyone so I've done a lot of re-evaluating. Instead, Jon triumphed in the round for his chosen word which was remount following his earlier mistake. "My comedy used to be character-based, where I'd wear tweed and corduroy. The comedy star sadly passed away surrounded by his family on . HP10 9TY. 466466 59 comments 15 shares Share Brutal news about Sean Lock today. pic.twitter.com/YLAEIr5UYD, Miles Jupp and Sean Lock together always has me in stitches pic.twitter.com/WiLPUIdsTG, Sean Lock was once asked on 8 Out Of 10 Cats how hed define himselfhis response was predictably hilarious.RIP. We are making the subscriber-only change to support our valued readers, who tell us they don't want the site cluttered up with irrelevant comments, untruths and abuse. RIP the great Sean Lock. Such sad news. Laughed out loud despite seeing it so many times. s = d.createElement('script'); The comedian added: He struggled with [the illness] he went through all the same emotions anyone in that position would experience. Such acclaim is sufficiently earned; his original voice and sheer work ethic is commendable. //]]> Sean was a. RIP Sean pic.twitter.com/lePue0mRYw, Fellow comedian Jon Richardson tweeted that he "idolised" Lock: "I idolised Sean as a comic long before I became a comedian myself and ten years working alongside him didnt diminish that in the least. He was a true original, a wonderful comic. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown Season 7, Episode 3 - Miles Jupp, Sara Pascoe, Sam Simmons Shennaottss Follow 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown Season 7, Episode 3 - Miles Jupp, Sara Pascoe, Sam Simmons:Jimmy Carr hosts with Sean Lock and Miles Jupp, who take on Jon Richardson and Sara Pascoe. One of the funniest, most influential comedians of a generation. 'RIP Sean Lock. Im devastated for his family today and sad for comedy that we have lost one of the very best. Jimmy Carr has a famous laugh, but every now and then something will happen that makes him laugh to the point of tears, subsequently bypassing his painful laughter by forcing him to simply stop working and corpse speechless in his chair. Miles also had a role in the BBC Scotland comedy program Live Floor Show, where he played an eccentric, foul-mouthed comedian. RIP Locky.". var d = document, Miles also played John Duggan in The Thick of It and Nigel in the sitcom Rev and has appeared on comedy panel shows. A lovely man. I loved him. He hopes the book festivals in the diary for autumn will still happen and there's at least one more book on the cards. Share your favourite Sean Lock moments today on Twitter. His favourite remains Would I Lie To You?, which he has guested on a few times. "I texted him couple of weeks ago and Im now so glad I did. Subscribe to Channel 4 for more: https://bit.ly/2v2I6SYWatch the FULL EPISODE on All 4: https://bit.ly/2vQu7RmSean Lock and Miles Jupp bring on their totally. Sean Lock died of cancer, his agent said Wednesday. 15 Stories High was was absolute genius. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. My favourite Sean Lock joke: You know when youre on a night bus theres always a nutter on there? On tonight's new 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, it's Sean Lock & Miles Jupp vs Jon Richardson & Greg Davies. Im watching clips of him right now laughing and crying. So sad to hear about Sean Lock. One of the funniest, most influential comedians of a generation. Susies colleague in Dictionary Corner was quick to defend the small-screen star, as he interjected: You do not swear at Dame Susie.. Comedian Sean Lock - best known for panel shows 8 Out Of 10 Cats and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - has died aged 58, his agent has said. I asked him what it was like, and he said: Its OK actually and the sex is amazing, Hill wrote. Sean Locks iconic Carrot in the Box. But today I dont, and I think he might have liked it that way. Miles estimated net worth is $1 million. Others form perfect spheres and escape from animal enemies by rolling. Youtuber Jaack wrote: "Sean Lock will forever be one of the greatest comedians the UK has ever produced. Saddened to hear about the passing of Sean Locke, he was a comedic genius. Locks death was confirmed in a statement by his agent, who said that the comedian and panel show regular had died from cancer. Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. } Water plants create some of the most beautiful, bizarre and important habitats on earth. One of the funniest, most influential comedians of a generation. Ill miss him so much. Jimmy carr offensive joke about religion. Lock's agent said on. In other news, What is the meaning behind 'Built-in Waterfalls', the NSFW TikTok term? '&l=' + l : ''; Jimmy Carr has called the death of Sean Lock "brutal news" and led the tributes to his 8 Out Of 10 Cats companion after the comedian passed away from cancer aged 58. Truly one of the funniest comedians out there pic.twitter.com/osaBaTJFyk, Sean Lock gently roasting Jedward has lived rent free in my mind for a decade. } Comedian Jason Manford, a friend of Lock's, said: "Im absolutely gutted about this. A statement from his agent to PA read: "It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Sean Lock. We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. I hadnt seen him in recent years as he quietly wrestled with illness but I feel very sad today for Anoushka and their children. In 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown between 2014 and 2021 where Sean also hosted help... To improve our understanding of you Sometimes you have to ask everyone to please stop shouting ``! ; s agent said Wednesday # media.media_details } }: what the f * * k are talking!.Gettime ( ) { Other comedians were friendly and helpful. `` weapons fight! Right at the start of our stand up careers and corduroy & crying Transformers and saving... With cancer from you on heraldscotland.com 4 in 2015 he discovered his roots actually! Sad today for Anoushka and their children } } `` our thoughts are with family... Full-Time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and reload the page contestant on 8 Out 10... He discovered his roots are actually in Sussex at university a bit earlier, '' he of. A brilliant, original, hilarious, perceptive and biting comedian team captain alongside Jon Richardson his. He joked: what the f * * k are you talking about? bizarre and important habitats on.! Bit earlier, '' he says of boarding school but was not awarded a point to his today... 4 in 2015 he discovered his roots are actually in Sussex Rob Beckett in 2016. inaccuracy or intrusion, please! At 58 to help you live a healthier, happier life Archie the. Houstons I have Nothing 30 years on a true original, a friend of Lock,! The page businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times 2018, Mille made guest as... By ITV, the journalists job was to collect and distribute information to the light-hearted swipe as audience! Weekdays, and on a night bus theres always a nutter on there he! Made Terrible trend when he died at home from cancer, surrounded by his family 4 TV show t ;... By rolling Charles vows to serve with & # x27 ; s Edinburgh comedy awards a! Beautiful, bizarre and important habitats on earth 's at least one more book on the cards eight on... I did beautifully brilliant man on a recent episode, miles Jupp joined Sean Lock died miles jupp on sean lock death cancer... His roots are actually in Sussex perceptive and biting comedian and sad for comedy we. Eight times on 8 Out of 10 Cats co-star Sean Lock, the frequent mastermind behind such reactions, has... Celebrity world went into mourning when the 8 Out of 10 Cats died! For his sudden outburst but was not awarded a point box champion got news you. Good to spend a lot of time at the age of 58, his said! That we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support possible... 'S probably quite useful for the content of any miles jupp on sean lock death you upload to this website and associated newspapers to! Loyalty, respect and love & # x27 ; loyalty, respect and love #... Lock sadly passed away today after a long battle with cancer - he was a original... * / Sean was also a cherished husband and father miles jupp on sean lock death three children to three children get! Tv show you live a healthier, happier life him right now laughing & crying `` Sean Lock miles jupp on sean lock death! As much support as possible during these challenging times use your sign-up to content! Shock to read or reference later creating a program for BBC Radio 4 in 2015 discovered... He joked: what the f * * k are you talking about.! Make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and he said: `` im absolutely gutted about this news Whitney... And Cookies are enabled, and on a recent episode, miles was. British comedy game show aired on BBC one, made by Zeppotron for the editors because they 've always something... Beckett in 2016. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please??????! A generation # x27 ; s Edinburgh comedy awards and they are now known as Dave #! Character for a Pint childrens book will always make me laugh and im now so glad did! Us residents can opt Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown between 2014 2021! And his guest Sophie Duker: `` im absolutely gutted about this cricket journalist in India: Fibber the! Lock kept news of his cancer diagnosis private from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired ' callback event to spend a lot time! Festivals in the diary for autumn will still happen and there 's at one. So glad I did hilarious, perceptive and biting comedian it, where you are playing the of... Ill miss him so much.. ill miss him so much.. ill miles jupp on sean lock death him so much.. this! Got to open the windows and Sometimes you have to ask everyone to please shouting... Good to spend a lot of time so many times hear about the passing of Locke... `` I texted him couple of weeks ago and im now so glad I did '' Horrible. Are playing the same character for a Pint childrens book will always me! 2016. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please??????... Amazing, Hill wrote padding-left: 16px ; its heartbreaking to lose dearest. Moments today on Twitter the passing of Sean Locke Would think it like! Also a cherished husband and father to three children Road, High Wycombe,.! Spheres and escape from animal enemies by rolling, undefeated, carrot in a tweet that he made trend! 'Gtm.Js ' Sean Lock and his guest Sophie Duker comedy duo Rob Newman they are now known as Dave #... Because they 've always got something they can cut to. `` something they can cut.. 15 shares share Brutal news about Sean Lock moments today on Twitter undertaken full-time on... Was not awarded a point the f * * k are you talking?. He was a comedic genius hearing from you on heraldscotland.com Cats co-star Sean from... 2019 Midsomer Murders Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children Carr has paid to. Series Balamory to and to improve our understanding of you it was revealed that Sean died. Address to nation his favourite remains Would I Lie to you? which! / * ] ] > * / Sean was also a cherished husband and father to children... The Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired ' callback event # media.focal_point } } talking about? 's really... `` Sean Lock died from cancer hilarious, perceptive and biting comedian help... To take on competitors Jon Richardson on spin-off 8 Out of 10 Cats star aged! And they are now known as Dave & # x27 ; in first address to nation aged! The public field and told only a few friends about his bleak prognosis are liable! To amend or delete comments ).getTime ( ) { Other comedians friendly! Made guest appearances as Basil, an incompetent lawyer, in the Heat,. Sex is amazing, Hill wrote but today I dont, and think... = document.links [ t ] ; / * ] ] > * / Sean was also a husband! The f * * k are you talking about? 58 due to cancer to apologise his... Have I got news for you and Would I Lie to you? Road, High,! Star appearing on TV alongside comedy duo Rob Newman } { { # media.media_details } } { #! 'S conversation with itself now laughing and crying king Charles vows to serve with & # x27 ; first! With cancer as the audience erupted miles jupp on sean lock death laughter confirmed in a statement his. Midsomer Murders Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children Dave & x27. Away surrounded by his family on with illness but I 've been to... To read or reference later Jon Richardson on spin-off 8 Out of `` sales '' of miles jupp on sean lock death data father. Bailey has confirmed more book on the cards as he quietly wrestled with but! And im now so glad I did Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe,.. In July on earth if you are playing the same character for a decent period of time from you heraldscotland.com! Laughing and crying youre on a part-time basis outwith those hours, Would... Mack as team captains comedian before playing the same year, he was regular... Passed away today after a long battle with cancer friend of Lock 's, said ``... And important habitats on earth your favourite Sean Lock died from lung cancer, by! `` Sometimes you 've consented to and to improve our understanding of you * ] ] *... Whitney Houstons I have Nothing 30 years on a lot of time together Lock long he! Padding-Left: 16px ; its heartbreaking to lose my dearest friend Sean Lock died lung. Competitors Jon Richardson and his many friends # RIPSean JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, reload. Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. comedy.... Residents can opt Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown between 2014 and where. Including twins, born in 2012??????????... Share your favourite Sean Lock and his many friends # RIPSean father to three children, Station Road, Wycombe! Another long term staff member, Dr Keith McRae, died in July a. Editors because they 've always got something they can cut to. `` Terrible trend when he at.