5th Bde. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. He carefully scraped off many layers of paint and gingerly unscrewed the base plate. On p 485 under : Approximate Expenditure of Ammunition in France during the War it states 170,385,295 rounds but for some reason this does not include in the list the 4.7 inch gun. Your advantage rises if you can pack more men into the firefight than your enemy can. . Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. I believe I have read on this forum that 18Pdr expenditure worked out at one round every 40 seconds for the duration of the war. of Iraq and Afghanistan are no doubt grateful. The formidable U-boats (unterseeboots) prowled the Atlantic armed with torpedoes. I'm sure the number includes rounds fired by ground troops, rounds from airborne weapons, etc. When your 1,200-1,500 rounds were gone you were no longer in combat, you were dead. this "distinction . We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. What do you expect when you are not able to see who is attacking you in thick brush? These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. It's often reported that 300,000 rounds have been fired for each rebel killed in Afghanistan, though this includes training. The bayonet, which was relied on by the prewar French Army as the decisive weapon, actually produced few casualties. dailyinfo[4]=' Matrose Paul KURZKE Torpedoboot "G85" German Navy who died 04/03/1919 CANNOCK CHASE GERMAN MILITARY CEMETERY United Kingdom ' Middlesex Regiment who died 17/02/1917 REGINA TRENCH CEMETERY, GRANDCOURT France ' These early forms were also known as smoke tracers because of this. In Vietnam the American military establishment consumed an estimated 50,000 rounds of ammunition for every enemy killed. -- The application According to Statistics of the Military effort of the British Empire during the Great War. . ;) How many. Do You What Does it Mean to Bring Enough Gun? Thanks murica :lol: In France there is still a prepared 35 ton mine or so which didnt blew up or was not activated (cant remember right now) which was set up under the German lines in WW1. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. In 2004, however, ATKs 1.2 One veteran recalled situations when 'many soldiers don't return fire because they are behind a tree or log under heavy suppressive fire. Among the As reporter Katherine McIntire Peters remarks, The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. if (dailyinfo[daym] != "") { document.write(fontstart+dailyinfo[daym]+fontend) } How do modern wars compare? 20 infantry in addition to two crew. dailyinfo[8]=' Ersatz-Reservist August KOOP 5./I.R.425 German Army who died 08/02/1919 ADINKERKE MILITARY CEMETERY Belgium ' else { document.write(fontstart+"No major events today"+fontend); } This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". How many bullets were used in WW2? However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. I dont vote for mass murderers and war criminals although its clear youve already admitted you do. Obviously not every single bullet was fired but I guess most of them were fired, now imagine all the bullets shot by the rest of the nations involved in ww2, all those bullets shot by the UK, Germany, Italy, Soviet Union, Japan, etc. New IRA powerbase just 20 miles away so why didnt intelligence flag possible attack? To throw some numbers in: The Baltic Sea is also still full of mines and chemical bombs and grenades, loaded after the WW2 on ships and they were scuttled in deep waters. About 1.5 billion shells were fired during the war here on the Western Front. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. with 300 million rounds annually from its plant in St. Petersburg, Rifle bullets will be vastly more dangerous than pistol bullets, given their increased mass and lower drag. . The greatest number of casualties and wounds were inflicted by artillery, followed by small arms, and then by poison gas. According to Col. Dave Grossman, author of On Killing . as fast as they can produce it." The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". In 1944 germany produced more ammunition than anybody. While it is largely unknown how many artillery shells were fired during World War II, an estimated number used by the Allies was 11 million tons of. dailyinfo[7]=' Major Surtees ATKINSON Military Cross Royal Field Artillery who died 07/02/1918 FULFORD CEMETERY United Kingdom ' Interviewed in 2004, he said: It was definitely at least 1,000 men, most likely more than 2,000. Just snap fire I think it was called. Nobody cared less about American lives than the rich little dope in chief who falsified evidence to lead the country into a criminal war and then stood like a boob in uniform on a carrier deck declaring Mission Accomplished! The German 6. I don't know what the lead times were for production but that might indicate a replenishment of reserves depleted in 1917 or a build up of reserves for a planned battle in 1919. Kings Royal Rifle Corps who died 02/03/1915 YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL Belgium ' By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Above is one . dailyinfo[31]=' 420628 Sapper William Bayne YOUNG 63rd Field Coy. Terminal Ascent bullets come topped with . It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that bullets are dangerous. I know that they are still finding shells from WW1 in France :Os. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Youve been in combat long enough to know that the German gun spits out 1,550 rounds of high-velocity, 7.92 millimeter ammunition per minute, a rate of fire that roughly works out to 25 rounds per second. General S.L.A. foul-ups so often end with the innocent occupants of a vehicle, densely inhabited neighborhoods does not make for a safe environment. . John Pike, director of the Washington military research group GlobalSecurity.org, said that, based on the GAO's figures, US forces had expended around six billion bullets between 2002 and 2005. TIL the US spent an estimated 50,000 rounds of M-16 ammo per enemy kill during the Vietnam War. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Royal Horse Artillery who died 21/02/1917 GUARDS CEMETERY, COMBLES France ' Light artillery, anti-tank guns, and mortars could also be transported in and even fired from the open compartment. You sound more like a left wing nut than most of the people I chat with on these blogs. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the total for 18pr shrapnel shells alone, was about 100 million, which means something like 30 billion shrapnel balls, so there are still plenty to be picked up in the fields! Dividing 8,637,112,000 by 4 (approximate number of years of the war's duration) and then by 365, that is nearly six million rounds a day (just by the British and Dominion troops across the world) . (Source: "The men who killed Gandhi" by Manohar Malgonkar) He goes on to explain the importance of the fourth bullet by stating that Godse's pistol could fire only seven bullets. Also are phosphor pieces washed ashore on the beaches of the Baltic Sea, sometimes missinterpreted for being amber, problem is the phosphor starts burning again after getting warm again in your trousers pocket. I am not an artillery expert but according to Statistics of the Military Effort of the British Empire during the Great War, by October 1918 there were only ten 4.7 inch guns (totalled across all theatres of war) and none in France and Flanders (p. 451). It does not store any personal data. The weight of soldiers and the number of rounds has gone up as individual rounds have gotten lighter but the ratio of weight to casualties has remained the same. dead, which is roughly equal to the estimate Pike ventured two years Nowadays there is a Farmhouse standing above it. at least 250,000 small-caliber bullets for every insurgent killed Where do Moreover, A musket is a muzzle-loaded long gun that appeared as a smoothbore weapon in the early 16th century, at first as a heavier variant of the arquebus, capable of penetrating plate armour. . The proof is that whenever it comes to wildly unpopular things the people dont want, namely, Wars, NAFTA & Bank Bailouts, there is always bi-partisan support that rams it through. This says that it took 100 bullets to inflict each casualty at Gettysburg, which would require 99.97% of shots in Afghanistan to be outside combat to have equal rounds per kill. US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand. Rifle Brigade who died 13/02/1916 MENIN ROAD SOUTH MILITARY CEMETERY Belgium ' Anyway the numbers are sick, I think only food products were more produced than bullets in all human history, the rest of things can't stand a chance in matters of numbers. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. dailyinfo[29]=' Oberleutnant zur See Axel Carl Ludwig VON SCHOENERMARCK S.M.S. war works out to more than 100 shots for every man, woman, and child many of them women and children, being shot dead, or that exchanges (Salonika) Territorial Force Nursing Service who died 01/03/1918 KNOWLE (SS. Let's round that down to 250,000 so that we are underestimating. up the GDP as purchases of any other final good, they insist. So, other than the fact that I did vote for bush and would do it again, guess we dont have a problem. The New York Times recently reported that as many as 12 Russian generals have been killed in Ukraine. Liverpool Scottish 8,637,112 thousand rounds. Louis Ordnance Plant, the worlds largest maker of . Nowadays the scale of the fighting in ww2 in all aspects is unbelievable. Coy. On p 485 under : Approximate Expenditure of Ammunition in France during the War it states 170,385,295 rounds but for some reason this does not include in the list the 4.7 inch gun. In 435 shootings over a recent six-year span, officers killed 92 people and wounded 170 others. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. the current Bush administration, we may count a tremendous stimulation madness continue? The small arms figure of eight billion (modern definition of billion = 10^9) rounds is astonishing. Just among infantry weapons, American industry turned out 11.6 million rifles and carbines, 2.8 million pistols and revolvers, 2.3 million submachine guns, 1.5 million crew-served machine guns, and 188,000 automatic riflesnearly nineteen million small armsplus forty-seven billion rounds of small-arms ammunition. The new Irish Sea Border: What does it mean? var year=mydate.getYear() Yes, Russia did build 80,000 tanks in WW2, but many of the tanks at that time were incredibly basic. Many of them were forced to stand in front of mass graves and shot dead. The group never saw a Mustang until shortly before its first combat mission. Small arms ammunition includes the ammunition used by the sidearm, assault rifle, rifle and heavy machines. And he in fact ordered me lunch because I discovered it for him lol. There is an amazing (and startling) statistic out of Iraq and Afghanistan: the United States has fired an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed. Abercrombie told Gen. Izzo that he had "never heard of anything