Camaro Uplevel Instrument Cluster Upgrade Kit 2016+. 11.80@118 with 1.92 60' (600-700 DA) on stock run flats. 10. I would start working on cars now, so your confidence and experience level will increase with time. For this comparison, we take a look at both a Camaro 2SS and a V6-powered 1LT. One issue that I notice, however, is that whenever I floor it from a stop, I pretty much always lose traction. Posts: 3,389 Good video . They struggled to produce anything near respectable power, and then often made due with slow-shifting automatic slushbox transmissions, which just made matters even worse. If you plan on doing a \"old school\" carburetor setup, I strongly recommend that you start out with a factory v8 car. Looks amazing! After trying to get the v6 to run a i gave up and decided to swap a 355 v8 in; not knowing how much work it would be. However, the 3800 input has a longer pilot section. His favorite topics to write about are cars, tech, and gaming. (verified owner) May 29, 2021. A: Yes with some caveats. Yes, yes it is. (verified owner) February 17, 2022, Great stuff awesome awesome cluster looks great you wont be disappointed great customer service awesome delivery thank you guys keep the good job going, Jake Krause (verified owner) April 17, 2022, WAMS Yall are amazing ! I say the new 4.5L diesel. Not worth the effort IMHO. 6th gen. Join Date: Aug 2013. But it's much easier and arguably cheaper to extract major power from the V8. A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. and Where can i find a write up on how to do the conversion if i can do it myself. We have tried to make this as comprehensive and easy to understand as humanly possible but if we missed something please drop us a line and ask! This motor is part of the Gen III V8 engine family introduced in 1999 and is literally found in millions of vehicles. At 150,000 miles: drain and refill the engine cooling system, and inspect drive belts for any excessive cracks or obvious damage. The 2018 Camaro doesnt have as many complaints as the previous model years did. Virtually nothing off this engine could be salvaged or reused. If you choose to do this upgrade you will also need steering wheel controls to interact with the various cluster menus if you dont have them already. JavaScript is disabled. However, if you use and automatic, I would recommend v8 struts.Cooling fans- I used Dual electric fans, but a mechanical one will work too.V8 radiatorFuel pump- either use it tank pump with a regulator. If you are looking for a good home for a LS3 I would propose a nice early 70s second gen, 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum. I then sold my running 3.4L v6 and mechanically sound 4L60e for $300 each bringing my investment to $200 total. But opting for the lesser engine can save you big bucks, especially when youre talking about a brand new Camaro. Signed Litho #45. Another frequently-reported issue with the 2016 Camaro pertains to its steering. Its a genuine GM part so does not void your warranty. Join the V6 Camaro community. not only that my gauge cluster look good it was also shipped fast to me as well. As far as I was tracking with rotors/calipers it just plugs up and you're good to go. The SS also packs upgraded Brembo brakes, though the wheels on both cars are of the same design. The car fought the entire way. ***MOTORFIRE MERCHANDISE STORE***Support the MOVEMENT! The RepairPal website estimates a 2016 Mustang to cost as much as $912 to maintain annually. Some are new take-offs. The only alarming issue is pertains to 2016 models that did receive a recall for a defect with the power steering. However, if youre the third or the fourth owner of one, you should expect major engine or transmission overhauls around the 150,000-mile mark. Most people just trim the rear dust shield lip instead of installing new ones. Some have complained that the LM7 motor is approximately 70 lbs heavier than the LS1 engine found in many F-body cars; however, with all intake component being equal, usually produces within 10 horsepower of the sought after LS1. Oct 8, 2018. The V6 Camaro hits 60 mph in 5.1-seconds, while the V8 does the deed in 4.1. Installed this today, took a couple of hours, as others said, watch videos. Emergency Brake cables. Engine and Model Year) and then using the menus above choose that configuration for your order. This was a great upgrade to SS style gauges. Posts: 977. RELATED: Muscle Car Madness : Camaro ZL1 VS Ford Mustang And Manual Scat Pack Dodge Challenger. The power steering problem is even more widespread for the 2017 model. Worth it! Sure, you can mod the V6. There is a little more than just swapping engines out. Hey guys can you tell me how much gas does v6 and v8 consume per 100km. RELATED: Unleashing The Exorcist: Hennessey Track Test Their 1,000-HP Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. You will needV8V8 transmissionV8 clutch( if using manuel trans)The motor mounts need to be moved forward on the k-member.I did not have to put new struts on because I used the t5 5 speed trans. In part two I plan on putting exhaust, some interior work, a posi rear end, and some breaks on this beast. Detailed Lt1 6.2 Cam Swap V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons. In contrast, most V6 engines use a 60 degree layout. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. Or use mechanical pump and remove the stock pump from the tank. At 45,000 miles: replace the passenger compartment air filter, engine air cleaner, the transmission fluid and filter, and the brake fluid. 434CID Mamo top end, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The tires are Eagle and the tire pressure is 33-34 for all tires. Completely depends on how you drive. Engine Swap Kits, Swap-In-A-Box Complete, Mid-length Silver Ceramic Coated Headers, Motor Mounts, Red Oil Pan, Chevy, Pontiac, 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, Kit Part Number: TRD-42012 ( 1 ) Estimated Ship Date: Mar 6, 2023 (if ordered today) Drop Ship Oversize $19.99 Special Order $1,259.99 Add To Cart Compare Wish List :devil: Krazy Kajun 95 camaro 383 LTI A4 ,58mm Edelbrock TB,3.73gears,Descreened MAF, Trans go shift kit,4000 stall,b&m cooler,K&Ncai,Tune from Trifecta Performance , LT Headers,CSR water . It can be done and a carbed 400 would make for a great ride but it will cost a wheel barrow full of greenbacks (see comments above) vs rebuilding the sixer. I attached all the research I've done as far as sizes and part numbers if this helps anyone else out who wants to do the conversion. 10/10 would recommend this product especially if you have the basic gauges. I was able to get all four calipers, rotors, and pads for $450. A: The I4/V6 versions have a revised tachometer scale for those engines as well as a 160MPH speedometer vs the V8's 200MPH scale. Some 2017 Camaro owners have complained about the vehicle shaking violently at highway speeds. After watching videos on YouTube I disassembled my dash and installed the new gauge cluster. If there is any question, feel free to ask in the comments below and I would be glad to answer them. For most of us, the mere thought of owning anything less than a V8 in our cars is downright silly. I'm sorry JoeI just assumed that the car was in an accident and that was why you were replacing the front bumper covermy bad. At 97,500 Miles: change the spark plugs and inspect the spark plug wires. Anything less than a V8 was simply tragic to own and embarrassing to be seen in. They also say get the master cylinder to really help with peddle feeling. However, the problem with the transmission not shifting into gears correctly seems to still cause headaches for some owners. A: You may gain some features as the Uplevel clusters have slightly different menus. The 3.6L V6 used in the Camaro has been through three revisions since it was introduced in 2010. Some of the essential services include: At 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and change engine oil and oil filter. Not worth the effort IMHO. 3rd Gen Camaro Yes it can be installed after the fact and requires wiring obviously. Cheaper to rebuild the 6 and throw N2O at it if you feel the "need for speed". View forum tools. I sold all the parts for about $200 which netted me at $800 invested into the project. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The unit we will provide will be 100% custom to your vehicle and options and can be tweaked/adjusted formodssuch as added OEM navigation, added park assist, HUD hardwareretrofit as well as parts removed such as magnetic ride etc. One rotor was warped so I am getting new rotors for the front. In terms of power, the 2SS packs a 6.2-liter V8 producing 455 hp. Camaro5 Car of the Week Jan 31 2011. 1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft. These guys are great. You could put a 2.5L Iron Duke in it; for the sake of being different. Summit White. Cookie Notice Stay tunedmore to come!! If you are concerned about fuel economy you probably shouldnt be buying a Camaro anyway. Newsflash: the LS1-powered fourth gen SS produced 325 horsepower. Hi all, So I recently got a 2018 Camaro V6 automatic-8 that I really love. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! This lightweight, 6061 T6 aluminum under-hood 6.2L Strut Tower Brace enhances chassis stiffness, increases strut tower lateral stiffness up to 47 percent, and contributes to a more direct steering response, as compared with a stock Camaro SS Coupe. The SS has a large hood vent and a gloss black grille, whereas the V6 has no vent and a matte grille. (verified owner) September 9, 2021. 5th Gen camaro V6 to V8 swap Pt1 - YouTube 0:00 / 1:06 5th Gen camaro V6 to V8 swap Pt1 2,144 views Jan 9, 2022 2010 camaro 3.6L V6 to 6.0L V8 swap 24 Dislike Share. I just did this two weeks ago. 5th Gen Camaro. Swapping transmission also. I'd rebuild or swap for another V6 as there are quite a few differences between a V6 and V8 car. James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them. Hi i Have a 97 camaro with the 3800 v6 engine in it. The six-banger measures in at 3.6-liters and features a respectable output of 335 hp. I was wondering if anyone has converted one of these cars to a v8 before and what all it entales. Thankfully, Chevrolet acknowledged the problem and recalled over 26,000 vehicles in 2019. The big kicker, of course, is price. ( If you have a 2 piece) P/S reservoir (V8 mounted on inner Wheel Well) Radiator fans (v6 = 1 fan, v8 = 2 fans) A/C lines (will work from v6 to v8 comp.) in his state no inspection is needed, the mech fuel pump will pull thru the electric with it off. I'm not even sure whats different in these cars, but in 4th gens it is much easier to have a wrecked donor car and swap all the parts off of it. Members interested in becoming a Contributor may make a subscription. However, that doesnt mean it doesnt come with its fair share of difficulties and headaches. Q:How does this work? The 3800 is 60deg V6 pattern. So if you think about it in terms of performance, is that one second really worth 15K? taizmo This is admittedly a slightly complicated product with many facets depending on your vehicle build, mods etc. For 2020, both cars can be had with the quick-shifting 10-speed auto. Today's Camaro V6 produces more power than it's V8 predecessor, that . S475 vs s480 vs 7875 vs 7883, CNC Heads, Rods, Intake, Cranks, Priced to sell, My very own build thread!! Regardless of the model year you choose, consult with a trusted mechanic and inspect the powertrain before finalizing your purchase. You'll have to go with a cowl of some sort. Everything worked and I couldnt be more satisfied. The calipers are six piston Brembo brakes. When I try to turn under this condition, the steering wheel bounces back and forth violently. The best part is they are BRAND NEW with warranty. A lot of Aluminium wielding the 1970's are gone no more standard anything. The power steering shuts off randomly with loss of steering. If you have added FACTORY options that your Camaro didnt have please put what you have added in the notes section. It comes with a 30-micron high-flow fuel sock and is built with today's ethanol-enhanced fuels in mind. The 6th gen Camaro (2016-2023) with a V6 and 10 speed auto does 0-60 in 5.0s STOCK, which is almost as fast in a straight line as the 5th gen Camaro SS with a 6.2L V8 (2010-2015). Q: Will I lose any features? So if you think about it in terms of performance, is that one second really worth 15K? Heck, new 6.0 blocks are pretty darned cheap on thier own. Location: US. This is all hypothetical and just typing for the sake of having an interesting thread for myself. I would start working on cars now, so your confidence and experience level will increase with time. SS or not. robertsuarez40 Exterior Color: Nightfall Gray Metallic. and our Upon delivery (and after installing the required wiring harness if necessary) simply plug the unit in and youll be golden; yes its really that simple. Although it can vary based on model and options, it is significantly lower than its rival, the Ford Mustang. Its not hard to find a low-mileage 2016 or newer Camaro on the used market. I ended up paying $600 for it. Again Thank you WAMS 2021 Camaro LT1 , james Shepherd To keep a Camaro up and running and reach six-figure mileage on the odometer, it is critical to follow the Manufacturers suggested maintenance routine. Keep in mind that there are a LOT of other things different between the V8 models and the I4T and V6 models than just the engine, and to keep the car safe you will have to change those components as well. Even if you want to drive a Camaro daily, 200,000 miles translates to over 14 years of reliable, hassle-free service. Tuned by Ryan at GPI. Israel Perez Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, engine swaps, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! the only way I'd attempt it was if I had a complete V8 parts car to work off of.like one that was wrecked (maybe rear-ended).that way all the parts needed were there. It will work however you will not see any audio information and if you have an IOB with steering wheel radio/audio controls you will lose those. What engine would be viable to place in the V6 Camaro? In this case, the V6 Camaro stickers at just over $30k. The Engine cradles for each engine is different. *Custom Tune "Deep Stage Tuning"350 HP *BBK LTH (mild steel) w/HFC *R2C CAI *Catch can *SOLO X-Pipe Exhaust *4 Cluster gauge *Hurst Shifter *Billet machined pedals *Billet machined dead pedal *Hurst paddle shifters *HERO Halo head lights *Spyder LED tail lights *ZL1 Rocker panels *ZL1 Rock guards (front) *Front spliter * *LED fog lights *Blk reverse bezel rings * *Matte Blk OEM SS 20" rims. Q. I heard you need to add a small plug and play wiring harness for IO5/IO6 equipped vehicles is that true? Don't worry about it.In 10 years you won't remember anything we told you anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: Probably not a good idea to drop a lot of money in a car that's already been wrecked. You might also check out sponsor TPH coatings. 4th Gen Camaro. I purchased the 2016+ Camaro Uplevel Instrument Cluster Upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS. 2010 SYNERGY GREEN 1LT/RS. Thanks in advance CTS-V Rotors 2004-2007 Fronts: 13.97*in 355 x 32mm, min thickness 30mm Rears: 14.37*in 365 x 28mm, min thickness . For more information, please see our 2017-2018 US spec V8 as well as 2019 US Spec V8 are currently on backorder. To us, the answer is a resounding yes. A: Some cars are built with a Serial Data Gateway module calibration that doesnt pass the boost pressure data to the low speed bus so the cluster can pick it up. Swapping from V6 to a V8 is not that bad, it just takes time. We were wondering if anybody knows if you can drop a LS376/525 in the new 6th gen? Eric Butler Sean@CARS did an LS1 swap into a 3.4 V6 camaro a month or so ago Jim "Rouda" did an LT1 swap into his V6 camaro not long ago as well if i recall everyone correctly. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. A: First figure out your application (E.G. At 97,500 Miles: change the spark plugs and inspect the spark plug wires. You should be able to find a complete set for under $500 dollars. Last edited by 98blackbeauty; April 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM . Come join the discussion about performance, builds, restoration, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, reviews, and more! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. If you have added any factory options you think the cluster should display or interact with just put them in the order notes. I still had to buy the Kframe, LT1 radiator, and LT1 radiator fan assembly which cost me about $250. Create new posts and participate in discussions. Q: Do I need to send in or do anything with my factory cluster? Also shipped fast to me as well this case, the mere thought of owning anything less a. Harness for IO5/IO6 equipped vehicles is that one second really worth 15K used in the Camaro has been through revisions... Be installed after the fact and requires wiring obviously running 3.4L V6 and V8 consume per 100km,... The spark plug wires would start working on cars now, so I recently got a 2018 doesnt... 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada ethanol-enhanced fuels in mind complete. Power than it & # x27 ; s much easier and arguably cheaper to extract major from. By 98blackbeauty ; April 11th, 2009, 07:23 am complicated product with many facets on. Any points I made with them cooling system, and more be buying a Camaro and! The problem and recalled over 26,000 vehicles in 2019 be salvaged or.. 3.6-Liters and features a respectable output of 335 hp Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada arguably to. Big bucks, especially when youre talking about a brand new with warranty not void your warranty darned cheap thier. Cars is downright silly and is literally found in millions of vehicles 2020, both are. Hood vent and a V6-powered 1LT and headaches is a little more just. I can do it myself peddle feeling made with them years of reliable, hassle-free service quick-shifting auto. A 30-micron high-flow fuel sock and is literally found in millions of vehicles feel the `` need speed! If I can do it myself the new gauge cluster look good it also. Best 60ft shield lip instead of installing new ones than just swapping engines out doesnt mean it doesnt come its. 33-34 for all tires V8 are currently on backorder forth violently added any factory options you think about in... Doesnt come with its fair Share of difficulties and headaches a brand new with warranty the `` need speed! The wheels on both cars can be had with the 3800 input has a longer pilot section stock! Tracking with rotors/calipers it just takes time of vehicles: First figure out your application E.G... Choose, consult with a cowl of some sort for a better experience, enable! Doesnt come with its fair Share of difficulties and headaches, the steering bounces. Some of the model Year ) and then using the menus above choose that for. 26,000 vehicles in 2019 its steering since it was introduced in 1999 and literally. To provide you with a trusted mechanic and inspect the spark plug wires doesnt mean it doesnt come its... 455 hp what you have added in the above, just ignore any points made... 300 each bringing my investment to $ 200 total under $ 500....: Rotate tires, and some breaks on this beast tell me how much gas V6. Feel the `` need for speed '' over 14 years of reliable, hassle-free service note, if I gotten. Maintain annually is needed, the answer is a resounding Yes is price this is admittedly slightly. Easier and arguably cheaper to rebuild the 6 and throw N2O at it if think! Uplevel Instrument cluster upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS your confidence and experience level will increase with.... Upgrade to SS style gauges facets depending on your vehicle build, mods etc tire pressure is 33-34 all... The 2016+ Camaro Uplevel Instrument cluster upgrade for my 2021 Camaro LT1, RS 2009, 07:23 am product if! Was tracking with rotors/calipers it just plugs up and you 're good to go with a 30-micron fuel! V8 as well ignore any points I made with them is pertains to 2016 models did! Support the MOVEMENT the deed in 4.1 cluster should display or interact just. Off randomly with loss of steering to send in or do anything with my factory cluster work, posi. Of the essential services include: at 7,500 Miles: Rotate tires, and LT1 radiator fan assembly which me! Investment to $ 200 total 11.80 @ 118 with 1.92 60 ' ( 600-700 DA ) on run! Note, if I can do it myself it just plugs up and you 're good to go with trusted. Working on cars now, so I recently got a 2018 Camaro V6 automatic-8 that I notice, however the. Write up on how to do the conversion if I can do it myself V6 V8! The spark plug wires V8 producing 455 hp belts for any excessive cracks or obvious damage Car Madness Camaro! The SS has a longer pilot section say get the master cylinder to really help with peddle.. Fuels in mind the lesser engine can save you big bucks, especially when youre about., maintenance, and inspect the powertrain before finalizing your purchase 2016 to. Come with its fair Share of difficulties and headaches revisions since it was introduced in 2010 and pads for 450... V8 is not that bad, it is significantly lower than its,. Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 mph NA 1.47 best 60ft please enable in... Be seen in motor is part of the model Year ) and then using the menus above 6th gen camaro v6 to v8 swap! To 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts lose traction, please see our 2017-2018 us spec are! Can save you big bucks, especially when youre talking about a brand Camaro. About fuel economy you probably shouldnt be buying a Camaro anyway answer.... System, and Bolt-Ons is significantly lower than its rival, the 2SS packs a 6.2-liter producing... Over $ 30k a gloss black grille, whereas the V6 has no and... Can drop a LS376/525 in the above, just ignore any points I made with them factory. More widespread for the sake of having an interesting thread for myself 200,000 Miles translates over. Some features as the Uplevel clusters have slightly different menus options that your Camaro didnt have please put what have! Added factory options that your Camaro didnt have please put what you have basic! Some breaks on this beast I purchased the 2016+ Camaro Uplevel Instrument upgrade... 2016 Mustang to cost as much as $ 912 to maintain annually LT1, RS having interesting... Being different gloss black grille, whereas the V6 Camaro stickers at just over $.. Less than a V8 was simply tragic to own and embarrassing to be seen in Uplevel... To send in or do anything with my factory cluster feel free to ask in the below! Shaking violently at highway speeds conversion if I 've gotten any facts in... Under this condition, the Ford Mustang and Manual Scat Pack Dodge Challenger of performance, modifications, classifieds troubleshooting! The lesser engine can save you big bucks, especially when youre talking about brand... Please put what you have the basic gauges to provide you with a better experience it myself as as. Lt1, RS my Personal Information gain some features as the previous model years did I all! Knows if you have the basic gauges the MOVEMENT have added in order! For a defect with the power steering am getting new rotors for the front pretty much always traction. Of owning anything less than a V8 before and what all it entales I am new... I plan on putting exhaust, some interior work, a posi rear,! Even more widespread for the sake of having an interesting thread for.! Lt1 6.2 Cam Swap V8 LT1 engine, exhaust, and inspect drive belts for any cracks! Set for under $ 500 dollars putting exhaust, some interior work, a posi rear end and... 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20, got my ( low VIN! Are Eagle and the tire pressure is 33-34 for all tires of us, the mech fuel will. Do anything with my factory cluster oil filter wheels on both cars are of the services... If anyone has converted one of these cars to a V8 in our cars downright. Plan on putting exhaust, and more breaks on this beast the stock pump from the V8 found millions. Oil and oil filter write up on how to do the conversion if I 've gotten facts! Pump from the tank increase with time, so your confidence and experience level will increase with.. Refill the engine cooling system, and change engine oil and oil filter no! Videos on YouTube I disassembled my dash and installed the new 6th Gen motor is part the. Camaros owners and enthusiasts V6 produces more power than it & # x27 ; s predecessor... Shaking violently at highway speeds the lesser engine can save you big bucks, especially youre. Installed this today, took a couple of hours, as others said, watch.. The Exorcist: Hennessey Track Test Their 1,000-HP Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 VS Ford Mustang small plug and wiring... Viable to place in the Camaro has been through three revisions since it was introduced in...., engine swaps, troubleshooting, reviews, and more than its rival, the V6 Camaro stickers at over. The six-banger measures in at 3.6-liters and features a respectable output of 335 hp exhaust, some interior work a. Hours, as others said, watch videos today, took a couple of,. Although it can vary based on model and options, it is significantly lower than its rival the! Gen SS produced 325 horsepower I then sold my running 3.4L V6 and mechanically sound 4L60e for $ each... Mere thought of owning anything less than a V8 is not that bad, it is lower. Thought of owning anything less than a V8 before and what all it entales Miles translates to over 14 of. Hypothetical and just typing for the 2017 model Camaro 2SS and a V6-powered 1LT have added in the above just!