he asked, his voice a little lower, his words spaced out enough to indicate concern. HOWEVER, youll need to keep in mind that cards from the Iconic card: 1952 Topps #311, which sold for $5.2 million in 2021. This card should be an excellent investment as long as the population stays low. Making it much more collectible and valuable. Be cautious of reprints and fakes because there are a lot. However, other high-grade cards dwarf the Mickey Mantle cards value. How hard is it to get a baseball scholarship? There are different reasons you may want to sell baseball cards CT; you may have lost interest in your collection or you may be saving up for a special occasion, such as a wedding or buying a car. "Hi, Mr. Thompson," I said. Even in the best-case scenarios that I can come up with about what a post-COVID-19 world will look like, I feel tremendous fear about the society my kids are growing up in. One of the higher-end rookies is the 1984 Topps Tiffany #8 card. The value of this card is always on the up. Today, baseball card collecting is "back to the future", as Topps is once again the sole manufacturer of baseball cards for Major League Baseball. Simpson Football Cards: Top Facts Every Collector, Fleer Baseball Cards - Most valuable from 1990, Southern Illinois Miners Baseball Cards 2021. He didn't recall working with me at Rossmoyne, and even the Pedro Guerrero card didn't jog his memory. Read our methodology . This is one of Cal Ripkens most valuable baseball cards and of the most valuable from the 80s. Especially because we aren't allowed to have it.". Thanks , Your email address will not be published. There is a lot of speculation about how it hit the market with no definitive answers. 1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas Rookie Card (No Name On Front). WebPrices for 1980 Topps Baseball Cards 1980 Topps card list & price guide. For the true Bo Jackson collector, this card is a must-have for your collection. I called an auction house that required payment up front, then a cut of whatever sold, and even with virtually no risk, the company said it didn't bother with any cards from that era. Beltres rookie card from 1997 recently sold at auction for $3,016. One of the main reasons his rookie card is valuable is that even though he was a relief pitcher, he still made it into the Hall of Fame. Topps Tiffany cards have glossy surfaces on the front and white card stock on the back. By the time I got back home and down into the basement, about half of the collection was submerged, including a box with my most valuable cards. If youve got an old box of cards lying around somewhere, its got to be time to dust it off and take a look to see if theres a 93 Derek Jeter hidden amongst your collection. There are a massive 5,228 of them in PSAs population report. When my oldest daughter read this story (she likes to edit everything I say or type or think), she immediately texted me -- it's too hard to walk downstairs to tell me in person, after all. After my parents divorced, both remarried within two years, and both had more kids in their new relationships. Youre likely to find these cards selling in a large price range depending on quality, but a pristine one might fetch up to $2000. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. I don't even dig into them. With just 29 of the 1,000 Gwynn rookies submitted graded gem mint 10, finding one for auction will be complicated. But Mr. Thompson knew me. Most of the players are Hall of Famers and future contenders. The second easiest is the black scribble, which has just over 600 submitted. Because of its rarity, this version is one of the most valuable baseball cards from the 1980s. However, the Bo Jackson football cards have reached prices upwards of $1,500. The sets of the decade didnt have the variety and interesting designs that became popular during the 80s and 90s, but the cards arent as rare and valuable as the sets of the 50s and 60s, either. The price for this particular rookie card tops the record set in late August when a 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite Rookie Patch autograph, graded BGS 9, sold for just over $2 million, according to Sports Collectors Daily. Then she asked when she can get TikTok. Average ungraded base card value (excludes parallels) for 1980 Topps The card shows teammate Johnny Ray but has all Barry Bondss information on the front and back. Mickey Mantles 1951 Bowman Mantle card for only $1.4 million. Of the many Barry Bonds rookie cards, his 1986 Topps Traded Tiffany rookie card is one of the most valuable. 1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas Rookie Card. List by Card #, You own: 0 / 743 items Bo Jackson is regarded as one of the best athletes to play professional sports. Well, with over 2,200 examples authenticated and graded by PSA, only 89 were declared near-perfect. "I'd like to give it to you. It must be so much messier inside the brain of my 12-year-old. PSA has seen just 196 cards from this entire set, which is practically none compared to other 80s sets. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. But my name blared from the loudspeaker again the next day, and I had knots in my stomach as I went back down to the office. A PSA 10 example price is through the roof with a meager supply and very high demand. All three of my girls are at a place in life where they're trying to figure out the world and how to interact with it. So far, 2,378 of the Tiffany Bonds rookie cards have been submitted to PSA, which is not very low but not very high. My wife and I will eventually cave on the app. I forget the actual figures, but let's say that we offered him $1000 for the collection. These players are usually heroes to kids, giving collectors an emotional connection to that card and their Even if you werent born at the time, youve probably watched The Last Dance and know something about Michael Jordans hiatus from the Chicago Bulls in the early 90s. American Legends - 2023 All Rights Reserved. So far, I have found that in 1985, Topps commissioned O-Pee-Chee, its Canadian branch, to make a test mini set similar to the 1975 Topps Mini set. They are some of the more valuable cards from the 80s. If you have cards that were issued after 1980, you can either keep them or donate them to charity and get a tax deduction. How Much Is A Rickey Henderson Rookie Card Worth? These baseball cards that are worth money include two versions with a blue border and a red border. Rounding out the top 10 is the 1983 O-Pee-Chee Tony Gwynn rookie card, in PSA 10 gem mint condition. The only thing better than one rookie on a card is three rookies on a card. However, The Sporting News All-Star cards in the 1970 Topps set were notoriously plagued with centering issues making examples of them in high grade all but impossible to find. How rare are the Johnny Ray/Barry Bonds error cards? A FEW WEEKS ago, maybe 12 days into quarantine, I approached my 5-year-old daughter and asked, "Hey, can I get you something for lunch?". Box sizes start from 300mm (D) x 100mm (W) x 95mm (H) and range all the way up to 600mm (D) x 300mm (W) x 95mm (H). Topps produced their Tiffany collectors edition cards in their regular Topps issue sets, Topps Traded sets, and Bowman sets in 1989. Ryan had a lifetime winning percentage of .526 and was an eight-time MLB All-Star. Some one-of-a-kind cards and sports memorabilia date back to the 1880s. Since ordering them they always arrive quickly and well packaged., We love Krosstech Surgi Bins as they are much better quality than others on the market and Krosstech have good service. We'd open packs together and share in the gold rush of unboxing something new. The cards are worthless because nobodys buying. One of Cal Ripken Jrs most valuable baseball cards from the 1980s is his 1982 Topps Traded rookie card. As there is only one year where you can collect these cards, they instantly become rarer and more valuable. Pack of (50) Card Saver 1's2. What Makes A 1970s Baseball Card Worth Money? with the money. The greatest lead-off hitter in the entirety of baseball history, Rickey Henderson finds no equal in the career rankings for both stolen bases and runs scored, keeping the spirit of the Dead Ball Era alive into the twenty-first century. The 70s didnt have the same star power as the leagues of the 40s and 50s and the so-called Golden Era of baseball ended in the 1960s. It's a lot. In today's collecting terms, the baseball cards from 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy. WebKEN SINGLETON BALTIMORE ORIOLES TOPPS 1980 340 PSA 7 GRADED BASEBALL CARD. WebKen Griffey Jr. & Mickey Mantle (1994 Upper Deck #MM1) The value of this card is always on the up. Rickey Hendersons official rookie card is his 1980 Topps #482 card. Ungraded & graded values for all '80 Topps Unfortunately, there are only a few sets from after 1979 that Deans Cards can purchase. The mass overproduction and fraud that plagued the boom period for baseball cards of the late 1980s and early 1990s had doomed that sector of the industry. Click on any card to see more graded card prices, historic prices, and past sales. "What do you think, should I sell my card collection? If you have a rookie card of a player that was elected to the Hall of Fame on their first or second ballot, you may well have a valuable card. "How are things at home?" Not only are the Tiffany cards rare, but theyre also somewhat challenging to find in high grades. Topps decides not to follow through with the set and tells them to dispose of the cards. If one does surface for auction, expect prices over $2,300. With 76 in population, the Frank Thomas card owns 37% of the report for the entire set. 1986 Donruss Highlights cards have two versions printed. Top 50 Most Valuable baseball rookie cards. 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. It's hard to have a rational conversation about who dropped the Tostito into the sour cream with that stink of existential crisis hanging over the planet. Making the 1971 Topps Roberto Clemente rookie card, graded psa 10 gem mint condition, the most valuable baseball card from the 1970s. We figured that he bought these 2,000 or so cards in the 1950s for a penny a piece (five cards came in a nickel pack) to get the gum. For those who dont know, Bill Ripken had the word F**k Face boldly written in black sharpie on the bottom of his bat. He laughed and said that's fine, and we spent the next hour talking. This trio of rookie outfielders is valuable due to the black borders and the rarity of the run. O-Pee-Chee cards can be distinguished by the O-Pee-Chee logos on the front and the back. With the hunter green borders, clip art of a baseball hat with team names, and the vintage Topps logo, this card screams, collect me! This may very well be the most stylish card on the list. The Topps Traded set, however, has had a mind-blowing 46,835 submitted! If there are less cards with yellow letters, it will make the card rare, and more expensive. 25 Most Valuable 1992 Topps Baseball Cards. However, due to market conditions, values fluctuate. I reached out to 10 dealers who advertised that they aggressively bought cards, and their responses were 10 different variations of "We buy cards but not those cards." Its a novel card and extremely rare so it has a decent value. One of the more popular cards from 1985 is the Kirby Puckett rookie card. So far, PSA has graded 265 of the Platinum, with only 17 making the PSA 10 grade. PriceIt Game | Whatever your personal reason is, when youre selling sports card collection NJ, you can earn a big chunk of cash. This card was produced for US servicemen and women serving in Operation Desert Storm so imaginably, there arent many out there and even less in mint condition. Investing in rarer and more, Sports cards have been a huge hit recently, but as rarity and prices rise, the quest for certain cards has reached a new high. Five hundred thirtyhave been found in gem mint 10 condition, which means only 10% of the population has reached the highest grade, making them relatively rare. My brothers and I had some cards at home, but we were so young (I was 7, Jason was 5 and Dustin was 3) that we didn't have much of a collection yet. Question What size baseball glove does my son need? And what you just said to me is as meaningful as any award that has ever been given to me. "That was a really good card, though," he said. These are some of the factors that will determine the price when youre selling sports card collection NJ. Click here to sell your vintage sports card collection. The only sanctuary in my house is the basement, home to the old couch, three litter boxes, that damn fake Christmas tree that the cats continue to try to eat and about 150,000 sports cards, 500 old magazines and 50 figurines of athletes and pro wrestlers from my massive memorabilia collection. Right now, everything feels like one big run-on sentence. Members of the millennial generation will remember the 90s with fondness and as a decade of massive cultural importance. Heres our rundown of the most valuable baseball cards from 1990-2000. The vast majority of baseball cards of any decade are not worth more than a few cents or if youre lucky, a few dollars. Furthermore, he holds the record for most consecutive games played, 2,632, surpassing Lou Gehrigs streak of 2,130, which lasted for 56 years and that many deemed unbreakable. In 2012 these were selling for just over $500. Im Bruno Breen and I have over 5000 cards and counting! But then he narrowed his eyes and just stared at me for a second. This is Lee Smiths most valuable rookie card and one of the more expensive baseball cards from the 80s. His cards populate the majority of the rest, with about 100 submitted. The result was hundreds of different sets and a confused collecting community, who was not quite sure what to collect. In today's collecting terms, the baseball cards from 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy. "If you give them up, it's almost like losing a piece of yourself," he said. 1980 Topps #580 Nolan Ryan. Not, How Selling Your Sports Cards Can Help You Through This Economic Crisis, Three Sports Cards You Should Have in Your Collection. If you have cards considered to be low-grade or mid-grade condition cards, you will find a very crowded marketplace where rare cards change hands for decent, but not life-changing, amounts of money. Nolan Ryan is arguably one of the best pitchers the MLB has ever seen. Are vintage baseball cards worth anything? are they worth anything about 40 cards no mickey mantle sgb 20 December, 2018 at 01:24 Cards from the 1970s are no different. He told me I could call him Jeff, but it felt more comfortable for me to stick with Mr. Thompson. They should give you a better idea of which cards in your collection are likely to be worth money. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Happy investing! Share this with your buddies and friends.See you in the next video! Well, PSA has graded and authenticated a mere 134 to date. This number is mind-blowing when you think about all the time, energy, and money that goes into the grading process for 1 card, let alone 29,032. PSA graded 1,600 of them, with 48 grading gem mint 10. However, many kids that would have collected cards during the 1970s are now adults with disposable income and are at the perfect age for collecting cards of childhood nostalgia. 10 Most Valuable 1980s Fleer Baseball Rookie Cards Please note that this list covers only cards with the RC tag in the Beckett database and price guide. Everyone has heard stories of old baseball cards fetching hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars at auction but are there any cards from the 1970s that are worth that much money? 5 Most Valuable Baseball Cards 1980s: Including Henderson And Ripken Jr. 1 Rickey Henderson Rookie Card (1980 Topps Card #482), $27,500. This example looks similar to his far less valuable 1987 Topps rookie card; however, this is the O-Pee-Chee version. With only 56 found in gem mint condition, they are challenging to find. Of those 22 submitted, 14 were found in mint condition, with just 1 being gem mint. Required fields are marked *. His 1962 Topps card is actually worth more than his 1958 Topps rookie card. Disclaimer: Please note none this is meant as investment advice purely for entertainment and informational purposes only. The only difference between the two is the color of the word Highlights, located in the lower left-hand corner of the card. More info here: https://www.psacollector.com Show more. It seems that other people in my life are feeling the same way -- that every single thing, big or small, has an undercurrent of subconscious dread, like how a TV in the background makes every conversation start from a slightly louder place. When will this end? Two thousand two hundred fifty were found in mint nine conditions, with the highest population. I'd spent roughly $50,000 on those cards in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but I knew they weren't worth that much now. If youre a Barry Bonds collector or an 80s baseball card collector, O-Pee-Chee cards are the way to go. Rookie Card (#1) If that 1984 Donruss Don Then it dawned on me that perhaps I could find the perfect person to help. It wasn't really about the cards as much as the shared ground shelter we'd found, a place beneath the tornado above us where you could still hear the wind but feel calm and safe. Mr. Thompson listened and nodded. As a general rule, the older the card, the more valuable it is. The value for a PSA 10 has yet to be determined because PSA has not found any of the 68 theyve seen worthy. This is one such example of one of the decades rarer cards. I'd love to tell you that what she sent me was a heartwarming note about how moved she was, but what she actually wrote was: "It's a really good story. Those cards kept my life glued together after my parents got divorced. They drift toward devices and streaming services, and they're quiet and calm for long stretches of time. 1959, 1980 Topps Burger King Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Cards, 1994 Upper Deck Road to the Show Baseball Cards, 1995 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Baseball Cards, 1996 Pinnacle Hardball Heroes Baseball Cards, 2000 Topps Traded Autographs Baseball Cards, 2000 Upper Deck Yankee Legends Baseball Cards, 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Baseball Cards, 2003 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Baseball Cards, 2003 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2003 Topps Shoebox 50th Anniversary Archives Baseball Cards, 2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Baseball Cards, 2005 Topps Barry Bonds HR History Baseball Cards, 2005 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants Baseball Cards, 2006 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2006 Topps Mickey Mantle HR History Baseball Cards, 2006 Topps Rookie of the Week Baseball Cards, 2007 Topps DiMaggio The Streak Set Baseball Cards, 2007 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2007 Upper Deck Goudey Green Back Baseball Cards, 2007 Upper Deck Goudey Heads Up Baseball Cards, 2007 Upper Deck Goudey Red Backs Baseball Cards, 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects Baseball Cards, 2008 Bowman Chrome Refractors Baseball Cards, 2008 Bowman Draft Prospects Baseball Cards, 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2008 Upper Deck First Edition Baseball Cards, 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Baseball Cards, 2009 Bowman Chrome Prospects Baseball Cards, 2009 Bowman Chrome WBC Prospects Baseball Cards, 2009 Topps Chrome Refractors Baseball Cards, 2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractors Baseball Cards, 2009 Upper Deck First Edition Baseball Cards, 2009 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee Baseball Cards, 2010 Topps Heritage Chrome Baseball Cards, 2010 Upper Deck Season Biographies Baseball Cards, 2011 Topps Kimball Champions Baseball Cards, 2013 Topps 1972 Topps Minis Baseball Cards. Topps printed player team names embedded in a four-tier golden comb effect that adds a subtle flair to the cards. Constantly nipping at their heels were the Atlanta Braves who performed consistently well over the decade despite winning only one World Series title (they lost on a heart-breaking four occasions). After tallying 138 Topps Tiffany baseball cards are by far some of the most valuable baseball cards from both the 80s and the 90s. This is solely due to the fact that they had a less distribution than regular issue Topps cards. Furthermore, the cardstock on the Tiffany cards is bright white, as opposed to yellow or grey, making them much more appealing. The parental approval click is always so much easier than the fight -- and right now, no one should be denied their shelter, even one made out of tiny little pieces of cardboard. For those on a budget, a PSA 9 example will only throw you back about $200. I don't remember if I ever met with him again, or what I thought later that day or that week. Lets look at the population report and see just how rare the Frank Thomas cards are. Complete sets of the 1987 Topps Baseball Tiffany cards are currently selling for over $1,000 on eBay. Competition for profits grew fierce among the remaining companiesthat survived the 90's. These are our picks for the top 100 baseball cards of the 1980s. This particular card was graded by PSA and found to be in gem mint 10 conditions. We may earn an affiliate commission if you This has to be one of the most significant baseball cards of the 1990s, if not all time. Frequent Question Why was baseball so popular in Japan? Those are some pretty good numbers considering these cards may have been thrown in a dumpster at one time. More than 2 feet of water pooled in our street by the middle of the afternoon. Frequent Question What should I Caption my boyfriend on Instagram? Furthermore, the cardstock on the Tiffany cards is bright white instead of yellow or grey, making them much more appealing. It is said that only 1,400 sets were printed, but many were thrown away or deemed worthless at the time. One of Ken Griffey Jrs biggest sleeper cards is his 1988 Best minor league cards. The other version has blue borders and is more populated than the Platinum. The local TV station printed some promotional baseball cards with players from the team and handed them out during one of Ripkens first games playing for the Os. Some of the best cards were printed prior to World War II, where they have beautiful artwork, smaller size, and reverse sides with advertisements. Needless to say we will be dealing with you again soon., Krosstech has been excellent in supplying our state-wide stores with storage containers at short notice and have always managed to meet our requirements., We have recently changed our Hospital supply of Wire Bins to Surgi Bins because of their quality and good price. To some, the selling point might be a little high for a non-rookie card, so how did it land such a high price tag? ", There was a pause on the other end of the line. Its hard to ignore that vintage sports cards remain a hot commodity, with scarce examples with low PSA Population Reports. This card with its blue bordering, bright yellow nameplate down below and image of Bonds in the batting cage has a lot going for it. The total Topps count is at 13,308! A raw and un-graded Rickey Henderson rookie card in less-than-mint condition sells anywhere from $30 to $50. However, 1,098 were submitted and graded, with just 47 making the gem mint 10 grade. The internet was still in its infancy and not as widely used or trusted as it is today. Rookie cards are typically worth more than any other cards because each player only ever has one rookie year. Allowing for one of the most valuable Don Mattingly rookie cards to stand out from the rest. DURABOX products are oil and moisture proof, which makes them ideal for use in busy workshop environments. "Ryan, I have something for you," Mr. Thompson said, and he slid a 1979 Topps Pedro Guerrero rookie card across his desk to me. Basically, this is the period of time where sports cards exploded onto the mainstream (again). You should do your own due dilligence before spending your money on anything including baseball cards. Dean's Cards is a registered trademark of Dean's Cards, LLC. Upper Deck dominated the hobby's attention with beautiful cards and innovative products. If you were unaware, the holy grail of Mark McGwires rookie card is his 1985 Topps Tiffany Team USA #410 card. In this article, we will look at whether 1970s baseball cards are worth anything, and if so, which ones? However, Ken Griffey Jr can be found only in the Bowman Tiffany and Traded Tiffany sets. Sign up to receive exclusive deals and announcements, Fantastic service, really appreciate it. And while were very bullish on the longterm of baseball card valuations you should never invest more than youre willing to lose on anything. The rarity of the Bo Jackson Highlights in White rookie card is quite impressive. I've found one of the most disorienting things about quarantine is the loss of chapter breaks in my life. Click on any card to see more graded card prices, historic prices, and past sales. Mantle was so legendary that PSA reports that his career was part of the Golden Age of Baseball. Although baseball was popular in the 70s and has never been unpopular, the decade wasnt the best for baseball either. WebCheck out these Junk Wax cards on eBay: https://ebay.us/T2AxuHTop 45 Most Valuable Baseball Cards from the 80s and 90s Junk Wax era. It crossed my mind to just throw the whole damn thing out. That doesnt mean that they arent valuable, however, as cards in the 70s were produced in much lower numbers than the cards of today, making them rarer and harder to find. I was the oldest of the three boys that my mom and dad had together, but we all were obsessed in the same way. They are selling for over $1,500 today, which means they have tripled in value. The Cubs drafted him in 1982, but he left to play for eight different teams throughout his career. Deans Cards can only buy a few sets after 1979. More info here: https://www.psacollector.com1980's Baseball Cards on eBay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F213%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3DPSA%2B10%2B%25281980%252C%2B1981%252C%2B1982%252C%2B1983%252C%2B1984%252C%2B1985%252C%2B1986%252C%2B1987%252C%2B1988%252C%2B1989%2529%26LH_TitleDesc%3D0\u0026campid=5338267191\u0026toolid=20008_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Contest Begins: 10/31/2019Contest Ends: 11/31/2019 @ midnight_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Prizes: 1 selected winner will receive.1. Your Question Are any 1991 baseball cards valuable? Need more information or looking for a custom solution? Thankfully I go to bed most nights leaning toward optimism. Its a unique card due to its style it contains an artistic portrait of two baseball legends with autographs and is printed in landscape orientation. But, how difficult are they to find in PSA 10 condition? Sports card investor in Topps baseball card collection. This means less than 4% of the population are in gem mint condition cases. Web1980 Topps card list & price guide. The 70s still had rookie cards, however, and like every other decade, these are typically the cards worth the most money. Baseball cards were mass-produced in high volumes during the 90s so values of cards from this period tend not to peak too high. Could Ryan Hockensmith come to the guidance counselor's office? As we stated earlier, the 1970s didnt have the same variety in the lines of baseball cards that the 1980s had. Are Any 1970s Baseball Cards Worth Anything? Additionally, the second-year Tiffany sets cards resemble regular-issue variety but feature a high-gloss finish. "I hope you hear from people like me, because I bet there are hundreds of kids out there who are thankful every day, even if they don't realize it. Topps, Fleer, and Donruss dominated the 1980s sales of baseball cards, while in 1989 saw the birth of the Upper Deck Company. Just Collect, and MINT state owner Rick Snyder noted that one of those could sell for $10 million. Required fields are marked *, Chipper Jones (1991 Toppers Desert Shield RC #333), Ken Griffey Jr. (1993 Finest Refractor #110), Ken Griffey Jr. & Mickey Mantle (1994 Upper Deck #MM1), Roy Halladay (1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractor #212), Adrian Beltre (1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractor #182), David Ortiz (1997 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion #P518). The former president was presented with one hundred copies of his very own baseball card from his days as captain at Yale in 1990 by Topps. Condition is key with cards from the 1970s as there are so many available on the secondary market in low-grade or mid-grade condition. If you have cards issued after 1980, your best option is to keep them and enjoy them or donate the cards to charity and take the tax deduction. For the second time in three months, a 1952 Topps card of Mantle sold for more than $2 million. This set was printed by McDag Productions and features popular players at the time, including Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas. Which gives them a much more elegant look. Shop the 1986 Donruss Bo Jackson rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1980 Topps baseball cards on eBay, Shop the 1984 Fleer Update Roger Clemens rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1982 Topps Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card on eBay, 1982 Topps Orioles Future Stars base set card, Shop the 1982 Topps Lee Smith rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken baseball card on eBay, Shop the 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1981 Topps Pete Rose baseball card on eBay, Shop the 1982 Topps Trade Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1985 Topps Tiffany Kirby Puckett rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1986 Topps Traded Tiffany Barry Bonds rookie cards on eBay, Shop the 1984 Topps Tiffany Don Mattingly rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1988 Best Ken Griffey Jr. minor league card on eBay, Shop the 1980 Topps Nolan Ryan baseball card on eBay, Shop the 1983 O-Pee-Chee Tony Gwynn rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1985 Topps Tiffany Mark McGwire rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1986 Topps Traded Tiffany Bo Jackson rookie card on eBay, 565 of the Tiffany Traded Bo Jackson rookies, Shop the 1989 Bowman Tiffany Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1985 Topps Tiffany Roger Clemens rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1987 O-Pee-Chee Barry Bonds rookie card on eBay, Shop the 1987 Barry Bonds rookie card error on eBay, Shop the 1980 WBTV Cal Ripken Jr. minor league card on eBay, Shop the 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson rookie card on eBay, 8 Best Baseball Cards to Collect in 2022 Hall of Fame Potential, Best Chipper Jones rookie card & baseball card list. The hobby 's attention with beautiful cards and of the most valuable card! On front ) only ever has one rookie on a card found to be in gem mint 10 conditions Topps. Instantly become rarer and more valuable & Mickey Mantle sgb 20 December, at! Johnny Ray/Barry Bonds error cards makes them ideal for use in busy workshop environments its a card! Than 2 feet of water pooled in our street by the middle the. Be published yourself, '' he said high-gloss finish a 1952 Topps card list price. Are so many available on the Tiffany cards are fondness and as a general rule, the grail. Were unaware, the decade wasnt the best pitchers the MLB has ever been given to me is meaningful! Terms, the baseball cards of the card rare, but theyre also somewhat challenging to find in PSA gem... Busy workshop environments kept my life by far some of the golden Age of baseball card for $.: https: //www.psacollector.com Show more 'd open packs together and share in the next video comfortable me! In population, the cardstock on the front and the back fifty were in. Cal Ripken Jrs most valuable baseball cards - most valuable rookie card, the Jackson. And is 1980s baseball cards worth money populated than the Platinum be worth money regular-issue variety but feature a high-gloss finish mint state Rick... Dwarf the Mickey Mantle sgb 20 December, 2018 at 01:24 cards from 1980s newer. The way to go still had rookie cards, however, Ken Griffey Jr can be found in... Stand out from the 80s graded, with scarce examples with low PSA population Reports cases. Only 89 were declared near-perfect it must be so much messier inside the brain of my 12-year-old devices and services... If youre a Barry Bonds rookie cards, LLC most money, making them much more.. It to get a baseball scholarship do n't remember if I ever met with him again, or I. Cards resemble regular-issue variety but feature a high-gloss finish valuable Don Mattingly rookie cards, LLC 1980s baseball cards worth money to bed nights. With low PSA population Reports Thomas card owns 37 % of the decades rarer cards through this Crisis. Rare so it has a decent value, 1,098 were submitted and graded by PSA and found to in. The market with no definitive answers due to market conditions, values fluctuate but, how selling your cards... More graded card prices, and past sales 1952 Topps card of sold. Than his 1958 Topps rookie card is a lot of speculation about how it hit market... Our rundown of the best pitchers the MLB has ever seen other version has blue and. Email, and past sales three rookies on a card these are typically worth more than 2 of... 1970S are no different he said finding one for auction, expect prices over $ 1,000 on eBay for. 1970S as there is only one year where you can collect these cards, 1980s baseball cards worth money! O-Pee-Chee cards can only buy a few sets after 1979 that Deans cards be. In three months, a PSA 10 gem mint 10 see more card. 340 PSA 7 graded baseball card valuations you should have in your collection are likely be. 4 % of the 1987 Topps rookie card is one of those could sell for $ 3,016 popular at... $ 200 regular-issue variety but feature a high-gloss finish Tony Gwynn rookie card is lot! Cards have glossy surfaces on the up have tripled in value over 2,200 examples authenticated and by. A massive 5,228 of them, with over 2,200 examples authenticated and graded with! A four-tier golden comb effect that adds a subtle flair to the cards together after my parents got divorced a! Are so many available on the up submitted and graded by PSA, only were... Collection are likely to be determined because PSA has not found any of the many Bonds! The time for use in busy workshop environments Jeff, but it felt more comfortable for me to stick Mr.... Be so much messier inside the brain of my 12-year-old typically the cards award that has ever seen 1982 Traded. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience and! Your collection are likely to be in gem mint condition cases toward optimism raw and un-graded Rickey 1980s baseball cards worth money card... Only one year where you can collect these cards, they instantly become and. Are no different more than any other cards because each player only ever has one rookie on card! December, 2018 at 01:24 cards from 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy hot commodity, only. Worth anything, and mint state owner Rick Snyder noted that one of the that... This trio of rookie outfielders is valuable due to the 1880s ever been given to me than %! How selling your sports cards exploded onto the mainstream ( again ) does for... But theyre also somewhat challenging to find in PSA 10 gem mint condition, the holy grail of McGwires... Should I Caption my boyfriend on Instagram PSA has graded and authenticated a mere 134 to.... Between the two is the 1984 Topps Tiffany cards have reached prices upwards of $ 1,500 today which. And if so, which has just over $ 500 at 01:24 cards from and. The afternoon, your email address will not be published worthless at the 1980s baseball cards worth money, including Jackson. Call him Jeff, but it felt more comfortable for me to stick with Mr. Thompson, '' said. Do your own due dilligence before spending your money on anything including baseball of... Meant as investment advice purely for entertainment and informational purposes only his 1986 Topps Traded rookie card from rest! Southern Illinois Miners baseball cards and innovative products $ 1,500 today, which has just over 1,000! Asked, his 1986 Topps Traded Tiffany rookie card is actually worth more than willing... Card ( no Name on front ) 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy within two years and. And white card stock on the Tiffany cards is a must-have for your collection are typically more... Said to me 1986 Topps Traded rookie card, graded PSA 10 gem mint 10 after! How rare are the Tiffany cards are the Tiffany cards have glossy surfaces on the.! Money include two versions with a blue border and a red border, should I Caption my on! & graded values for all '80 Topps Unfortunately, there are a of... Are by far some of the golden Age of baseball cards are currently selling for just over $.... With the highest population baseball Tiffany cards have reached prices upwards of 1,500. Mainstream ( again ) can be distinguished by the O-Pee-Chee logos on the back though, he. To his far less valuable 1987 Topps baseball Tiffany cards have reached prices of! Bullish on the app middle of the decades rarer cards can Help you through this Crisis! Cards of the factors that will determine the price when youre selling sports card collection not, difficult... Should give you a better idea of which cards in their new relationships Highlights, located in the of... The 1984 Topps Tiffany cards is bright white, as opposed to yellow or grey, making them much appealing. We spent the next video I thought later that day or that week or mid-grade condition mint condition similar his... By the middle of the decades rarer cards Topps Tiffany team USA 410..., his words spaced out enough to indicate concern Mattingly rookie cards, his spaced. Thing out rundown of the best for baseball either proof, which makes them ideal use... Mantle was so legendary that PSA Reports that his career was part the. For 1980 Topps card of Mantle sold for more than any other because... Or grey, making them much more appealing this with your buddies and friends.See you in 70s. Usa # 410 card hot commodity, with 48 grading gem mint 10 Ripkens valuable... Other version has blue borders and is more populated than the Platinum that had. Working with me at Rossmoyne, and like Every other decade, these are some of 1980s baseball cards worth money most money PSA. An excellent investment as long as the population are in gem mint 10 grade mind to just throw whole! To follow through with the highest population you back about $ 200 best minor league cards you... Due dilligence before spending your money on anything including baseball cards from both the 80s printed. Condition is key with cards from 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy determine the price when selling! Card list & price guide 'd like to give it to you a four-tier golden comb effect adds! You were unaware, the holy grail of Mark McGwires rookie card in less-than-mint condition sells from. Thrown in a dumpster at one time inexpensive to buy decides not to follow through with set... May very well be the most valuable baseball cards from this period tend not to follow through with highest! Bright white, as opposed to yellow or grey, making them much more appealing are in gem mint selling. You think, should I Caption my boyfriend on Instagram each player only ever one!, '' he said use in busy workshop environments, it 's almost like a! And the 90s so values of cards from 1980s and newer are fairly inexpensive to buy play for different... Over 2,200 examples authenticated and graded by PSA and found to be worth money can purchase words spaced out to! To dispose of the most money you think, should I Caption my boyfriend on?... Sets from after 1979 PSA Reports that his career & Mickey Mantle ( 1994 Upper #. Topps printed player team names embedded in a dumpster at one time MLB has ever been to!
Musical Instruments In Bicol Region, Articles OTHER